Saturday, August 7, 2010

Deviled Eggs with Tarragon and Chives

Sooooooooo it's raining and we're supposed to be going to a BBQ this afternoon at Kevin's co-workers place. Hmmm. So far, no call to say that the BBQ is off, and it's a "we're providing food but also bring something" kind of BBQ.


WHAT TO BRING?


I decided on my way home from the gym this morning that deviled eggs are usually a welcome addition at a potluck...but I didn't want to bring plain ol' deviled eggs.


I remember an episode of Ace of Cakes (far superior to Cake Boss) where the receptionist talks about her "Tarragon Deviled Eggs" and how they're the best ever.


Wicked. Sold.


For those of you that might be reluctant to hard boil eggs, you're missing out. I found this great article on how to make the best hard boiled eggs and it's fairly fool proof.


http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_make_perfect_hard_boiled_eggs/

Alright.

I did it.


However, not without a bit of mess. What makes your average deviled egg look more than average is piping the yoke filling into the white with a piping bag and a star-tip. I had the bright idea to use my vintage piping bag (as opposed to my newer one). Bad choice. The sides promptly split. Awesome.

I did however manage to finish with the piping bag by removing the tip and just squooshing the mixture into the whites. Woot! The look like average deviled eggs...but lemme tell ya, much tastier.

And anyway, like they say, it's all the same in your stomach.

Tarragon and Green Onion Devilled Eggs = Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment