Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mediterranian Steamed Mussells

Prime example of random laziness: I cooked these things last week but couldn't find it in myself to blog about them til now. Don't judge me... or do judge me, but don't tell me.

Being that I can be kind of lazy, this is a fancy looking dinner that really isn't that hard to make.

All you need is some tomatoes, mussels, a baguette, some kalamata olives, olive oil, garlic, oregano, white wine, salt and pepper...and maybe some paprika. Apparently I put paprika in everything these days. It's just such a nice colour!

In a saucepan combine:

1/2 cup white wine
2 tsp olive oil
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 large stem of fresh oregano
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 bag mussels
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup of kalamata olives, pitted and halved

Cover and bring to a boil for 3-5 minutes until mussles open. REMEMBER mussels should be scrubbed before cooking and checked for any unresponsive open mussels. If it's open and you tap it and it doesn't close, don't cook it...unless you want food poisoning. Your call.

Tear the baguette into a few chunks. I like how rough it looks like this... Like you just threw this lovely meal together and couldn't be bothered to cut the bread. In my case, this is exactly what happened. If you want it to look a little more formal, feel free to use a knife. :-)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment